Research and choose a topic (a problem, issue, or challenge that a specific population experiences, e.g. domestic violence, teenage pregnancy, gang violence). Read a (minimum of 5) journal articles, peer-reviewed article.
Research three theories that explain your topic
There will be two graded deliverables for this assignment:
- Visual depiction/chart copied from one or more of the 5 journal article you read and
- The narrative description
In your narrative description, you must address all the following points
- Identify and describe the main issue of your social problem (include statistical information throughout your paper)
- Identify three major theories or viewpoints about the topic from the 5 journal articles you researched (at least 5 or more)
- Describe the main developers/founders for each theory or viewpoint
- Discuss the evolution of the theories or viewpoints (how the theories were developed)
- Discuss briefly how such theories and viewpoints based on their major tenets, assumptions, concepts, etc. address the topic and discuss differences and similarities to one another.
- Add one paragraph that states what/which theory you agree and disagree with and
- Cite all the 5 journal articles you have read in the paper. Cite information in APA style.
This narrative description should be no longer than 5 pages and double-spaced.
The paper must be written following the APA writing style
Acceptable Fonts: Calibri, Times New Roman, and Arial
The paper must be saved as a WORD document
See the attached Rubric and Video/audio instructions if needed.