Portrait of Lydia Delectorskaya 1947 by Henri Matisse
Artist picked: Henri Matisse
Painting picked: Lydia Delectorskaya
- Choose an artist / artwork that you can connect to / relate to/ that has meaning to you/ and are capable of creating an artwork in the style/ technique used.
- Include the style he used in his work perhaps the use of cubism
- Research the type of symbolism used. Show that in your work. Explain it in your reflection of your process.
- Include the costuming of the era. Show that in your work.
- Write a personal reflection with additional research about your artwork, artist, and style.
- Describe the artwork and medium.
- Describe the artist’s style and research his/her background/ history. (You must fully explain how this artist worked and what this style represents.)
- Explain why you chose this style. (How do you relate to this artist and this style?)
- Explain any symbolism used.
- Explain the message and self expression you are trying to convey.
- What can we as the viewer learn about you from this artwork?
- Explain how this project helped you appreciate other artists’ work.
- Research the artist and the style/ technique used. See the rubric located in the syllabus.
- Use the language of art and compare your artwork and how it shows the technique used by the artist.