Reference *The Maru/Blue poll was conducted between August 10 and 20, 2020, on behalf of ADP Canada. For this survey, a sample of 1,538 Canadian employees (full time or part time), aged 18+, who work for a company with an HR professional / HR department was completed online using Maru/Blue's online panel, including 301 self-defined HR professionals.. The margin of error for this study was ±2.4 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
Assignment Requirement: The coronavirus pandemic has disrupted organizations and caused human resources managers to rethink their role as they adjust to social distancing practices and a new work environment that may never have been imagined. Prepare a report not less than 8 pages and not more than 14 pages (double space Times New Roman Font size 12), plus all supporting calculations if any, and a full reference list. You are required to discuss:
1. The challenges encountered by HR in the current pandemic environment from an employee Health and Welfare.
Notes to follow
· The company that we chose is Maple Leaf Foods Canada. The challenges that HR is currently encountering due to the pandemic has to revolve around Maple Leaf Foods the company (both internally ie. home office and employees working in the warehouse). Employee health and welfare is key and very important for this assignment.
· Some of the points we have found and would like to target are:
- Protecting the health and wellbeing of employees
- Ensuring business continuity
- Supporting the transition to remote work
- Rapid policy
- Supporting employee mental health
· Times New Roman, Two pages, double space is enough, this is just half of the assignment requirement.
· Below I have provided some links as references to use. Feel free to use more links but please remember to cite them correctly: