COURSEWORK INSTRUCTION FOR TEXT REVIEW (30%)
You see this advert in Tuah UTeM, the monthly bulletin of UTeM students.
We are looking for article reviews to be featured in the Write up section in Tuah UTeM
bulletin for next month’s bulletin. Submit your review to us today!
You will write a review, explaining the text contents and your opinions about the text review. Submit your review to be featured. You should write between 140-190 words.
GUIDELINES Paragraph: Introduction
- title and author of the text
- the purpose of the text review (insights of the text)
- intended audience
• Description of the text
- What is the field/subject matter of the text?
- What is the text about?
• Personal comments and recommendation
- Why do/don’t you think the text beneficial/add knowledge to you?
- What have you learned from the text?
- What are the strength(s)/ drawback(s) of the text? (examples: easy language use, difficult vocabulary)
- What are your suggestions to improve the text?
- Would you recommend this text to others?
1. Write a minimum of 3 paragraphs.
DETAILS FOR SUBMISSION
1. You will work individually.
2. Use Times New Roman, size 12, and 1.5 spacing.
3. Your writing must be original. Submit your work to Turnitin. Ensure that the similarity index is not more than 15%. Any evidence of plagiarism will get a penalty of 50% marks deduction.
4. The deadline for submission is WEEK 15 (LECTURE 14).
5. Any late submission will be penalised – 50% from the marks will be deducted.
6. In your submission, attach all the following in one Pdf file:
i. the text review essay
ii. the Turnitin report
TEXT REVIEW B2 MARKING SCHEME (30%)
Notes to INSTRUCTORS:
1. Deduct 50% from total score for any evidence of plagiarism.
2. Deduct 50% from total score for late submission.
3. Deduct 1 mark from raw score if no plagiarism report.
4. Deduct 2 marks from raw score if no Turnitin report submitted.