Nursing Care Plan
Part B & C
Instructions & Rubrics
Part B: Instructions
The purpose of this assignment is to engage your peers in an exploration of a health challenge across the lifespan and its impact on the Canadian health care system. Your team is expected to design and deliver a comprehensive Nursing Care Plan that defines specific nursing diagnosis, goals and interventions for the topic you are assigned.
NURS 4506 Course Learning Outcomes Evaluated in this Assignment:
1. Develop a plan of care for selected surgical and non-surgical conditions using the nursing process.
2. Apply principles of assessment, collaborative care, and nursing management of the patient with health challenges across the lifespan.
- Provide appropriate health teaching strategies that will enhance the client s learning.
- Apply a systematic approach to solve problems.
- Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
- Analyze, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Show respect for the diverse opinions, values, belief systems, and contributions of others.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Takes responsibility for one s own actions, decisions, and consequences.
The grade will apply to the entire group unless it can be proven that a team member did not evenly contribute to the team project (through the DC discussion board only). In this situation, I have the right to assign an appropriate grade ranging from 0-10 marks.)
- Group Project Plan 2.5% -Due week 4 ï¿½ One submission per team in the assignment folder.
- Nursing Care Plan 15%- Due week 7- One submission per team in the assignment folder.
- Peer Assessment 2.5%- Due week 7 ï¿½ Each team member to submit in the assignment folder.
Requirements: Your team is expected to design and deliver a Nursing Care Plan related to your topic.
- The following content must be covered:
- Title page following APA guidelines (tile page, margins, line spacing, format & font)
- A one-page introduction around the topic (Discuss what is it? Impact on Canadian Health Care system)
- A one to two-page clinical summary describing your patient profile
- 5 Nursing diagnosis (Nanda statements) related to the topic (one per team member)
- You must include one nursing diagnosis on health education/promotion, and psychosocial needs
- Each nursing diagnosis must have 3 SMART goals (SMART goals must have a date or time for evaluation)
- Each SMART goal must have 3 nursing interventions
- Each nursing intervention must be supported by comprehensive referenced nursing rationale minimum 120 words
- References must include RNAO BPG Strategies to Support Self-Management in Chronic conditions, for a minimum of 10 current references in total. The use of nurse s lab, blogs, Web MD, or references with n.d will result in a grade of zero.
- Each individual nursing diagnosis must be supported by 3 or more different scholarly references
- A one-page conclusion discussing your NCP
- Reference page following APA guidelines
- The expectation is that the use of direct quotes will be limited throughout the care plan. It is best practice to paraphrase were possible.
Part B: NCP Rubric
Part C: Peer & Self Evaluation
This mark will determine your peerï¿½s evaluation towards the team project 5%. Each person will evaluate his or her individual performance, along with each team member on a scale of 0-4.
RATING SCALE: 0= 0% 1= 25% 2= 50% 3= 75% 4= 100%
Team members will confidentially complete their evaluation form and submit to the assignment folder.