Ted Rogers School of Retail Management
RMG 200 Intro to Retail & Services Management
Assignment #3 – Retail Finance Exercise (10%)
DUE DATE: October 28th, 2020 @ 11:59pm
- This is an individual assignment.
- You may complete this assignment in excel or by using a calculator. Calculators are highly recommended, as this is how you will solve these types of questions on the midterm exam.
- There are 39 questions (41 marks). For questions 1-36, answers must have appropriate formatting (e.g., dollar values must have dollar signs, percentages must have percentage signs, all numbers rounded to two decimal places).
- The assignment has three parts:
- Part I includes financial data you will need to complete the calculations in Part II
- Part II will include your results. Input your answers into cells 1-36.
Part III will include a discussion of your results.
- Please submit the completed assignment as either a word or excel document (do not submit PDF or pages docs)
- DUE DATE: Oct. 28th, 2020 @ 11:59pm
Part I: FINANCIAL DATA
Part II: Results
- Input your answers into cells 1-36 (1 mark each)
- Please format your answers properly with dollar signs or percentages as appropriate, and round to TWO DECIMAL PLACES.
Part III: Discussion of Results
- Which company has the better overall financial health? (1 mark)
- What financial measure(s) did you focus on to determine overall financial health? (1 mark)
- For the weaker company, what strategies would you recommend they implement to improve their financial statement? (3 marks – must list at least 3 strategies)
Please type your responses in this area in 12 pt. font. Do not exceed the boundaries.