To begin this discussion, introduce yourself to your classmates and instructor. Briefly discuss your background, describe your professional goals, explain what you hope to gain from this course, and share what you enjoy doing in your free time.
Then, continue your initial post by responding to the following:
Your readings introduced you to many leadership theories. In this activity, you will compare and describe values-based and servant-based leadership.
- What are the pros and cons of each leadership type?
- Which theory has the most useful approaches for managing and motivating employees in a HIM setting? Why?
- In your workplace, how have these leadership theories been enacted or how do you plan to use them in your current or future workplace? Present specific examples.
In response to your peers, comment on your peers’ leadership styles.
- What theoretical model is most closely associated with your personal leadership style and why?
- Comment on how your peers have used leadership styles in their professional lives and present suggestions for the implementation of them.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric PDF document.