The following Course Outcome is assessed in this assignment:
GB512-4: Create presentations that achieve a defined business purpose.
In this assignment, you will do some research on a product or service or an environmental initiative. Then, you will create an original presentation following the instructions below.
1) Prepare a MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation with audio of no fewer than 12 and no more than 15 slides with speaker notes, and 3â€“4 bulleted points per slide, summarizing either:
A. An improvement to an existing product or service you have envisioned in the role of a product specialist at a company. You will present to the parent companyâ€™s marketing and sales department manager that produces the product or service.
B. An environmental initiative you would like to propose to your local town council for consideration. It can concern air quality, waste recycling, water quality, mitigation of embankments or lake areas to prevent floods, etc.
2) Make sure that your recorded audio explanation is clear and concise, and addresses the appropriate audience such that the listener has sufficient information to initially approve your proposal.
3) Record the audio portion to auto-advance, presenting your PowerPoint and include speaker notes below each slide in the notes section. Make sure your audio portion is not merely a reading of the slide bulleted points. You must use graphics to illustrate your points and follow presentation best practices based on the practice activity and summarized presentation suggestions as seen in your reading.
4) Any short citations and a references slide must follow APA 7th edition format and citation style.
5) Submit your final audio-visual presentation to the assignment Dropbox once you have checked your presentation for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Any proposal found to contain more than 15% direct quote will be subject to scrutiny for violation of the Universityâ€™s Policy of Academic Integrity and point deduction could be substantially higher depending upon the prevalence of direct quote. Any submission that is plagiarized or otherwise violates academic integrity will earn a grade of â€œ0â€ and the incident will be reported to the Provostâ€™s Office.
Any submission containing grammatical errors that are so serious as to interfere with delivery of the message earns a grade of 0. Serious grammatical errors include sentence errors â€” fragments, run-on sentences, comma splices. Further, errors in coherence, punctuation, organization, and logic have the potential to earn a grade of 0. Such errors present a serious obstacle in conveying your ideas and submissions containing such errors cannot earn a passing grade. At the professorâ€™s discretion, revisions may be permitted.
Any submission that fails to address the topic given or the assignment goal will earn a grade of 0 and/or a request for revision by the instructor.