Assessment B | Performance Report
Assessment B – Performance Report (worth 75% of the module mark)
Due: Week 13 (Friday 24 August 23:59)
Feedback Date: within 15 working days
Word count: 8000-10000 words
Now that the hotel has been operating for several weeks, you are required to submit a Performance Report to your CEO regarding your hotel’s performance. The report should review the hotel’s current strategic position, as well as 3 recommendations for the hotel to achieve its strategic objectives moving forwards. Key topics to be addressed in the strategic plan therefore include the following:
1. Market positioning
- Evaluate the market positioning of the hotel, including the hotel’s image and market share
- Discuss the hotel’s strategy to develop competitive advantage and evaluate why this has, or has not, been successful
2. Evaluation of weekly performance
- Provide an evaluation of each week’s performance
- Discuss how you responded to the Outlook (e.g., decisions made, the outcome of these decisions, the impact of various operations on other parts of the hotel, etc.)
- Include in your appendix your weekly decision log for all weeks completed thus far. The log should be a list of decisions made each week and a brief reason for each. A template is available on Moodle.
3. Strategic analysis
- Provide an analysis of the hotel’s overall performance
- Critically analyse the operational and strategic performance of the hotel
- Based on the hotel’s performance, as well as the wider competitive environment, propose three recommendations for the hotel to achieve its strategic objectives moving forwards.
- Reflect on what you, as the manager of the hotel, have learned from the simulation.
- Theory and concepts covered in class need to be applied throughout your work.
Theory and concepts covered in class need to be applied throughout your work.
As a report, the assessment should also include an executive summary, introduction, conclusion, references, and an appendix.
A template can be found on Moodle.