Week 8 Assignment - Crowdfunding
Entrepreneurs launched more than 800,000 startup companies in 2020. Instead of seeking traditional forms of funding from a few wealthy investors, many pursued crowdfunding, which enabled them to seek financing from a large pool of investors, often consisting of friends, family members, customers, and other interested parties.
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to research crowdfunding and report your findings.
To successfully complete this assignment, you will need to use the Strayer Library to research crowdfunding. You may also consult business news websites, such as Bloomberg, CNBC, Marketplace, or the Wall Street Journal.
Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to research crowdfunding and write a 4â€“6 page report of your findings in which you:
- Accurately describe the four major types of crowdfunding.
- Explain the factors that lead to successful and unsuccessful crowdfunding campaigns, using practical examples.
- Outline the steps necessary to determine whether a business is suitable for crowdfunding.
- Recommend a crowdfunding platform with a track record of success.
- Be sure to justify your recommendation.
- Determine whether the emergence of crowdfunding poses a threat or opportunity for multinational enterprises (MNEs).
- Be sure to include your rationale.
- Speculate, based on your research, how crowdfunding will affect traditional capital fundraising.
- Be sure to provide evidence to support your assertions.
- Use a minimum of five sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least once within your assignment.
- Access the Strayer Library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
Use headers to highlight each topic (such as Types of Crowdfunding, Successful Versus Unsuccessful Crowdfunding Campaigns, and Suitable Business for Crowdfunding).
Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
Include a source list page. Citations and source list entries must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
Hypothesize how crowdfunding will impact traditional capital fundraising.