For purposes of the Module 3 SLP, you are a Strategic Management consultant. Your client is a major competitor in the Amusement Park industry and CEO of Sea World Parks and Entertainment, Incorporated.
Your client has an extensive number of strengths, a solid image, an emerging market share in the industry, excellent cash flow, and a very low long-term debt-to-equity ratio. Because your client’s company is renowned in the industry, the organization has also managed to attract and retain the most talented people working in the industry. Finally, the company’s approach to marketing is second to none.
While your client is clearly aware of its internal strengths, the organization is still unclear relative to whether the company should pursue a “Grow” (a more aggressive) strategy or a “Hold” (a more passive) strategy.
1. Your client has engaged you to do some research on the industry (use IBISWorld and other current publications in the library). In IBISWorld: Amusement Parks in the U.S. (713110, be sure to review the sections: “Industry Questions” and “Industry Issues” in addition to other key information and industry data.
2. Perform a SWOT Analysis for the company and determine the relative attractiveness of the industry as a whole.
3. Using the G.E./McKinsey Matrix, decide whether your client should pursue a “Grow” or a “Hold” strategy and discuss recommendations for action.
4. Finally, use the Model of Grand Strategy Clusters to recommend a grand strategy that your client should pursue. Be sure to justify your choice.
SLP Assignment Expectations:
1. The minimum length requirement for this Module SLP Assignment is 3 full pages (excluding Title and Reference pages), including 2 scholarly sour
2. The 3 full pages will include an introduction, a body of work with 2 scholarly sources cited to support your work, and a conclusion (that aligns with your purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought).