|1. Module number
|2. Module title
||Developing Intercultural Competence in the Workplace
|3. Module leader
||Coursework 1: Group report – an ‘intercultural training’ plan (see Section 10 below for more details)
|6. Size/length of assessment
||2500 (+/- 10%) words, excluding tables, figures and the reference list at the end (however, in-text citations are included).
|7. Due date
||By 12 pm, 10th November 2020.
|8. Arrangements for submission
||Please submit your full report by uploading an electronic copy via Turnitin (on Moodle), with the title and full list of references.
|9. Assessment Regulations
All assessments are subject to the University Regulations.
||Your presentation will be assessed on a distinction (D5, D4, D3, D2, D1), pass (P5, P4, P3, P2, P1), fail (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5) scale. Please refer to the Session 1 tutorial slides for information about how these grades correspond to percentage marks.
|10. The task for the assessment
||The context of your task
You are a small work team of four in an intercultural consultancy company. You are given the task to deliver an intercultural training workshop for a client. The client is one of the following companies (you can choose by yourself):
- OHPROMISE WEDDING (https://en.ohpromise.com)
- MaRoberts – The taste of Tanzania (https://ma-roberts.com)
- Your own suggestion (a company that does business interculturally)
Your client suggests a broad objective of the workshop:
to help raise their personnel’s intercultural competence.
Your client suggests that the workshop should be planned for one-day delivery. If they are satisfied with the result, they will consider commissioning your team for regular intercultural training in the future.
Description of your task
For this coursework, you will submit a written plan for this intercultural training workshop.
Your plan should include the following elements:
1. A list of intended training outcomes, with accompanying rationale.
2. The specific methods/activities you intend to adopt for achieving your training outcomes, with accompanying rationale and material (e.g. include in an appendix the case studies, topics for interactive discussion, links to – or screenshots of – online resources you plan to use).
3. The methods you intend to adopt for evaluating the workshop, with accompanying rationale.
As long as the above elements are suitably covered, you can create your own structure for presenting this training plan.
|11. Referencing instructions
||This piece of assignment should be word-processed. Also, the closer you follow dissertation-style presentational conventions (e.g. 1.5 or double line-spacing, referencing conventions, quotation layout, numbered headings and subheadings, etc), the better.
|12. Return of grade and feedback
||Students within each group will receive the same grade. Formative feedback will be provided in written form through Moodle within three working weeks from the date of submission.
|13. Assessment criteria
||Please see Appendix 1.