Your active participation in the discussion forums is important to your overall success this term. Discussion questions are designed as structured opportunities to help you engage, problem-solve, and reflect with your peers as related to the course’s final project. In the capstone experience, you are encouraged to take initiative and use the discussion boards for collaborative problem-solving and navigating the demands of the final project while soliciting and giving feedback to your peers.
These discussions offer you the opportunity to express your own thoughts, ask questions for clarification, and gain insight from your classmates’ responses and instructor’s guidance.
While a designated number of response posts are not required, it is still important that you engage with your peers to help replicate the type of peer collaboration and problem-solving often necessary to succeed in a professional environment.
Requirements for Discussion Board Assignments
For your initial post (1), you must do the following:
- In Module One, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Take into consideration your previous coursework content and other discussions when appropriate.
- Reference scholarly or peer-reviewed sources to support your discussion points, as appropriate (using proper citation methods for your discipline).
When responding to peers, you must do the following:
- In Module One, complete response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than simply stating “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in each discussion prompt.