Discovery of answers to nursing questions should be guided by nursing theories or models. In this assignment, each student will select a nursing theory/model and create a single slide to "sell" the theory to the others. The tone of the presentation should be informational yet fun.
1. Background information on the theorist.
2. Basic information on the theory, terms, and concepts addressed in the theory.
3. Suggestions for types of research questions that could utilize the theory OR examples of research that have utilized the theory.
4. A reference, in APA formatting, for an original work authored by this theorist.
5. Each student should reply to two peers with how the theory connects to their group’s PICO(T) question topic.
post must have a minimum of 250 words
Orem’s Self Care Model
Rogers’ Science of Unitary Human Beings
Roy’s Adaptation Model
Neuman’s Systems Model
Popular Theories and Models
Watson’s Theory of Transpersonal Caring
Focus on caring to promote healing, dignity and respect
Clinical Caritas Processes, come from Latin and means to cherish, appreciate and give special attention http://www.watsoncaringscience.org/ (Links to an external site.)
Kolcaba: Comfort Theory and Practice
Enhancing comfort, through a holistic approach
Physical, psychospiritual, sociocultural, and environmental
Extensive resources on the website http://www.thecomfortline.com/ (Links to an external site.)
Popular Theories and Models (continued)
AACN Synergy Model
Framework for all of the American Association of Critical Care Nursing Examinations
“Synergy results when the needs and characteristics of a patient, clinical unit or system are matched with a nurse's competencies.” ( AACN, 2011)