Solved: 3306 Assignment 7: Agency Law Project�
Answer these questions
- Explain how an agency by estoppel can be created even though the principal has done nothing to create the agency.
- Develop a plausible scenario each (not in the text) for an underwriter' s : 1) express authority, and 2) implied authority
- Develop a plausible scenario each (not in the text) for an insurance agent's: 1) apparent authority, and 2) actual authority.
- List the three exceptions to the rule that an agent cannot delegate to another the authority granted by a principal.
- Describe the agent's remedies for a principal's breach of duties.
- How does an insured typically revoke the authority of an insurance agent?
- Provide a plausible scenario (not from the book) and describe the two conditions that must be met in order for the torts of an agent to be vicariously attributed to the principal.
a. Describe the elements required to determine whether an employee was acting within the scope of his or her employment when a to rt was committed. b. Provide an example where the employee (not from the book) was acting within the scope of his/her employment 8. Provide an example where the employee (not from the book) as not acting within the scope of his/her employment 9. Describe the principal's responsibility for hiring, training, and supervising agents. Explain how this applies in context of an insurance agency. 10. Develop a plausible scenario where a general contractor is not liable for the torts of agents that are subcontractors