Answer four Questions. Due 4/30
- Explain the differences between judicial activism and restraint. Cite examples. Also, in your answer discuss the purpose of Amicus Curie briefs.
- In your community discuss some push factors and some pull factors. What can decrease some of the push factors?
- Why are voting Refenda’s important in local politics? Cite and talk about one important in Florida. Amendments in our state are also important to talk about as you wish.
- What is the difference between a progressive tax and a regressive one? Cite outside examples.
- Talk about the Bakke V California case in 1978 and the Gutter V Bollinger cases in 2003. What do these cases tell us about the civil rights movement?
- Talk about some problems in our public education system. Can any of them be fixed by vouchers?
- Discuss the major elements of the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. What are the main issues of contention? Be sure to discuss how states are working with this.
- Talk about a bill or law in Florida? that Interest you. I would like to know what the bill covers. How does it aim to fix problems?
- How do Republicans and Democrats differ on the economy? Please cite bills or policy.