Reading Analysis: You are asked to produce a reading analysis discussing your thoughts and takeaways from the readings listed below in the class to that point. Length: 2,500-words.
– Population Control in India: Prologue to the Emergency Period Author(s): Matthew Connelly Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/20058922
– Demographic Theory: A Long View Author: John C. Caldwell – – The politics of demography – Author: Bruce Curtis – Global population trends and policy options Author: Alex C Ezeh, John Bongaarts, Blessing Mberu – World Population Ageing 2019 : United Nations, New York 2020
– World Population Monitoring: Adolescents and Youth – Connecting Migration and World History: Demographic Patterns, Family Systems and Gender Author: Leslie Page Moch
– Connecting Migration and World History: Demographic Patterns, Family Systems and Gender Author: Samuel H. Preston Clarity of the argumentation
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of the readings and the ideas being covered;
o Presents and discusses issues that are salient to the readings.
o Provides complete and accurate information.
• Provides perspectives and insights that are relevant to the topics/issues being covered.
• Presents information that helps support/justify the arguments being made. Critical perspective
• Offers a unique or engaging perspective/understand of the issues
• Makes connections to relevant concepts/themes discussed in class or presented in readings
• Draws links between readings and authors
• Applies theories to explore the issues and formulate sound arguments