1. Select a work of literature from the short story list below.
2. Do careful and thorough research to locate credible information about the literary work you have chosen.
 Use at least three reliable sources from literary reference books, TCC library (library.tulsacc.edu),
and/or Tulsa City/County Library (tulsalibrary.org).
 Report accurate and complete information from secondary sources only.
3. The paper must contain five-paragraphs of text (double-spaced introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion) that:
 Analyzes your selection through topic-by-topic reporting of information gathered from noted
literary critics (secondary sources only).
 Introduces all quotations and paraphrases from these secondary sources.
¯ Quotations must account for LESS THAN 15% of the paper’s content
 Acknowledges ALL borrowed information by including proper parenthetical references
and a Works Cited page of only secondary sources.
4. The completed essay should be a single file containing the completed paper in polished form with:
- proper format
- properly introduced quotations and paraphrases from secondary sources
- complete and correct parenthetical references from secondary sources
- proper Works Cited page
5. Submit your essay (including Works Cited) in one document as an upload into SafeAssign.