You are required to undertake research on two innovative organisations
in the same sector (for example, BMW and Toyota) who have headquarters in different countries. You will write a 4,000 word report on the management of innovation in those organisations that must include the following sections:
- An introduction to the two organisations and some of their main innovative end results.
- Map and critique the innovation space of the two organisations setting out existing practice (i.e. outputs/outcomes).
- Critically discuss the innovation strategy and management process employed in the organisations using Tidd and Bessant’s 4 step model (search, select, implement and capture).
- Identify recommendations to improve the innovation management of the two organisations.
- Provide a short conclusion to your innovation report assignment.
- Individual Work
You are to work individually.
- Research approach
You should find the required information on the organization via secondary/desk (i.e. web, journal articles) research. Where needed you can use primary research to fill in any knowledge you are missing from secondary sources. You must clearly provide evidence
to support the critical discussion in your report. English language sources are preferable, non-English sources are acceptable as long as a translation of the reference is provided.
- Writing the Report
Write up your work in a report format
. Your report should explicitly include all
the items listed in the marking schedule below. It should be a maximum
words in length. The word count excludes the following: references, appendices, table of content. Please include the word count on the title page.
3.1 Report format
Front cover includes: module title and number, matriculation number, word count, report title
Layout: 1.5 spacing, font arial, font size 12, pages are numbered.
- Referencing & Plagiarism
It is essential that you provide appropriate referencing to avoid both the impression of plagiarism or that you are fabricating work. Please follow the APA referencing system. If you have any further questions related to referencing please ask your module leader, tutor or the Business school librarian.
- You are requiredto submit the final version of your report to Turnitin Feedback Studio, the process is as follows:
As Turnitin may be new to you, please review the instructions on the site well in advance
of the due date to ensure you understand the process. The link to Turnitin will be available on Moodle. You will be able to upload drafts and you can submit as many drafts as you like (a new draft simply overwrites the previous submission) until the due date for the final report. (Please Note:
the generation of an ‘Originality Report’ by Turnitin can take up to 24 hours).
- Please ensure that your last submission to Turnitin is identical to the final copy of your work, therefore upload the final version of your work to the final submission inbox for Turnitin only when satisfied that it will not be changed.
- Please do not use Turnitin facilities in other modules, as this will show up as matched text.
If you have any questions on the use of the submission system please ask your module leader or tutor well in advance of the submission date.
- This component is an academic assignment and should be written in an appropriate style (e.g. using 3rdperson)
- You are required to present using a clear coherent structure.
- You are required to use the APA referencing style (6thedition) throughout and can find guidance on this via the library
- A word count should be provided on the front cover of your report.