The following Course Outcomes are assessed in this assignment:
GB512- 3: Analyze business problems using research.
PC-5.1: Use language that is clear, concise, and organized.
Proposal Due: You have worked through the process of putting together your persuasive researched proposal addressing a business problem. You saw an example with how graphics can sometimes convey information more effectively than words. You have reviewed comments from your instructor, and have taken your ideas through several stages.
The final proposal must be no fewer than 2,500 words, no more than 3,000. The word count includes all components. The purpose of establishing a word count is to ensure the topic chosen is neither too big nor too small. Also, writing within parameters is a common requirement in business communications.
The problem or issue need not be enormous.
For the researched proposal, you identified a problem or issue in your present or past workplace. The assignment objective as provided in Unit 4, is to propose a solution to the problem or issue, and to present that solution to a decision-maker or group of decision-makers who can implement the recommendation. You will support your proposal with research.
You will develop a concrete, practical solution to the problem that can be implemented. Reference sources will be included that explain the problem, issue, and/or support the solution.
- Cover memo or letter, depending upon the audience, which introduces the attached proposal.
- Cover page — include title of proposal, recipient’s name and title, your name and title, and the date.
- Table of contents
- Executive summary of no more than one page.
- Statement and general analysis of the problem using research.
- Analyze the problem from at least three (3) stakeholders’ viewpoints.
- Include a minimum of one original graphic.
- Conclusion stated as a recommendation for implementation of the solution.
- Reference page of at least five cited sources, one of which is from a peer-reviewed journal and no more than two personal interviews. No more than 15% direct quotes.
- Use clear, concise language, correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Use APA 7th edition for the content and citation format and style.
Save the proposal as a Word® file in a location with a title you will remember and that includes your name.
Submit your final proposal to the Unit 5 Assignment Dropbox.
Any proposal found to contain more than 15% direct quote will be subject to scrutiny for violation of the University’s Policy of Academic Integrity and point deduction could be substantially higher depending upon the prevalence of direct quote. Any submission that is plagiarized or otherwise violates academic integrity will earn a grade of “0” and the incident will be reported to the Provost’s Office.
Any submission containing grammatical errors that are so serious as to interfere with delivery of the message earns a grade of 0. Serious grammatical errors include sentence errors — fragments, run-on sentences, comma splices. Further, errors in coherence, punctuation, organization, and logic have the potential to earn a grade of 0. Such errors present a serious obstacle in conveying your ideas and submissions containing such errors cannot earn a passing grade. At the professor’s discretion, revisions may be permitted.
Any submission that fails to address the topic given or the assignment goal will earn a grade of 0 and/or a request for revision by the instructor.