The following Course Outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
MT219-2: Examine global interconnectedness as it applies to marketing.
Using the Perigord Bakery business you addressed initially in the Unit 3 Assignment, complete Part 2 (steps 4–7) and submit Parts 1 and 2 (steps 1–7) as one PowerPoint presentation with audio.
In Part 1, you began your market environment analysis. Your task now is to complete steps 4–7 of your analysis. Start working on this Assignment after taking the market commonalities tutorial in the Learning Activities area.
View Part 1: Steps 1–3 completed in the previous unit.
Environmental Analysis, Part 2:
Complete steps 4–7:
Step 4: Political/Legal Factors
-Go to the World Bank Group’s “Doing Business” website and note the “Ease of Doing Business” ranking (1= easiest) and “Starting a Business” (1= easiest) and “Registering Property” (1= easiest) for your chosen country.
-Then go the World Economic Forum’s website for “country and regional trends from the NRI,” scroll down to Table 2, and note the ranking of the political and regulatory environment by country (1 = best environment).
- Provide the four rankings for your chosen country.
- Explain why these political/legal considerations represent opportunities or threats to entering this market.
Step 5: Technological Factors
- Identify the ranking of technology for your country (1 = most networked) on the World Economic Forum website.
- Explain how and why your country’s networked readiness ranking will present an opportunity or a threat to the success of Perigord Bakery in the country that you chose.
Step 6: Geographical Factors
- Using the CIA World Factbook source, explain why geographical factors are possible opportunities or threats to entering this market, considering distribution of your product.
Step 7: Summary
- Based on your analysis, explain whether you would pursue expansion into your selected country for Perigord Bakery. Why or why not?
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of one (1) of the following means of expansion for the bakery, regardless of your decision to expand into the country market or not: exporting, licensing, franchising, or joint venture (see the Learning Activity).
Directions: Review the grading rubric below before beginning this part of the Assignment. Adding the audio to your PowerPoint presentation necessitates you having either a built-in microphone in your computer or a headset with microphone to record the audio portion.
Use bulleted points to make your main points (3–4 bullets per slide) and then explain those bulleted points in the notes section directly under the slide. Provide a minimum of 10 PowerPoint slides with audio and audio notes and additional title and references slides. Your PowerPoint should be original and submitted to the Unit 4 Dropbox before the end of the unit.
Save your audiovisual presentation (Example: TAllen-AB219 Assignment-Unit 4.ppt), and then submit it to the Unit 4 Dropbox.
Access the Unit 4 Assignment rubric.
For additional help with your writing and APA citation, please visit “APA Style Central” accessed in the course home area under Academic Tools.
U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. (2018). The world factbook. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
World Bank Group (2018). Doing business. Retrieved from http://www.doingbusiness. org/en/rankings
World Economic Forum. (2018). Country and regional trends from the NRI. Retrieved from http://reports.weforum.org/global-information-technology-report-2016/country-and-regional-trends-from-the-nri
Disclaimer: This exercise may include actual companies and brand names solely for instructional purposes; this exercise is not associated with any such actual company or brand name. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.