Assignment: Fortune 500 Companies
In this assignment, you will broaden the scope at how the firm functions in different parts of the world and what it can do to maximize its effectiveness as a global organization. A strategic audit will be performed and forecasts will be made for the next two years.
For this assignment, use the same Fortune 500 Company that you have already researched in
Unit 4. The focus here is on both domestic (American) and global operations. The assignment incorporates how the firm functions in different parts of the world and what it can do to maximize its effectiveness as a global organization.
Course Outcomes practiced and assessed in this assignment:
GB540-4: Integrate concepts of regional, national, and global economic behavior with macroeconomic theory.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
Begin by reviewing the following websites as resources for your assignment:
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD): https://www.oecd.org/sdd/oecdmaineconomicindicatorsmei.htm
- S. Department of Commerce: https://www.commerce.gov/data-and-reports/economic-indicators
- S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/bls/newsrels.htm
Select 6–10 macroeconomic indicators that are of particular relevance to your firm and explain how they affect the performance of the company. You need to include relevant data for the macroeconomic indicators you selected in the form of tables and graphs for a few years.
Outline strategies on how the firm should respond to the changes in the economic indicators with the goal of maximizing revenues in the years ahead.
How have they done in the past? What is their current state?
What kinds of plans and possibilities do they have for the future? Is there room for improving what they do?
Should new ventures be added or old ones subtracted?
Then, discuss the firm’s global operations, and their influences on the regional and national levels. You also need to assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in operating (managing) a company in a global environment.
As you can see, the field is wide open for you to construct your paper in the most relevant way you see fit.
As part of the assignment, you will need to include the following:
- Your assignment should have a title page with the following information: Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number and Section Number, and Date
- It must be a minimum of 5-pages long (excluding the title page, references, etc.)
- Be sure to include the criteria located in the grading rubric within your paper.
- It must be APA formatted with citations to your sources and your last page should list all references used. Review the APA formats found in the Writing Center.
- You must use a variety of three objectives, high-quality, and current sources. Peer reviewed articles, articles published in journals, textbooks, and library resources found in the Library are examples of high-quality resources.
- Note that Wikipedia, Investopedia, etc. are not considered as reliable resources for this research.